In this episode of The Photography Podcast With Mike Cassidy we meet long time boudoir and portrait photographer Angela Bagley of After Dark Boudoir.
In her own words...
"I started with a genuine love for photographs, old black and whites I would find at my grandma’s etc but my kids sparked the love for making photographs and the lack of skilled local photographers were showing in the products I was paying good money for!! I bought my first “Good” camera in 2007 when I graduated nursing school and that's where it all began.."
In addition to her boudoir photography business, she also has a full time nursing career. This episode covers a lot of ground from Angela's beginnings shooting school portraits to her transition to her real passion of boudoir-- all the while taking steps to manage her career along side her passion of photography.
Topics discussed in this episode:
- What's going on with Instagram?
- Instagram for local results.
- Is Instagram's reach falling?
- Hashtags for boudoir photographers.
- Is a Facebook Page still worth it?
- The current state of school photography.
- Shooting boudoir in private homes.
- Easing a client into a session.
- Balancing boudoir and a full time career.
- Getting clients to allow use of photos as samples.
- Using models to practice boudoir.
- Using your client email list to grow sample sessions.
- Building your advertising-- and building brand awareness.
Links/Products In This Episode:
PhotoBiz - https://www.photobiz.com/
PixelFrames Photography - http://www.pixelframesphoto.com/
Where To After Dark Boudoir:
On the Web: http://www.adboudoir.com/
Instagram - https://www.instagram.com/afterdarkboudoir/