Is it possible to succeed as a male boudoir photographer? My guest in this episode is Trevor Sherwin of Provocateur Images in Toronto, Canada. Trevor has been a professional boudoir photographer for eight years, and been involved in the business of photographer for even longer.
Male boudoir photographers are a bit rare. In this episode we discuss what its like to be a male boudoir photographer and if there are any advantages or disadvantages. We also discuss character & personality traits necessary to grow your business.
This episode wasn't laser focused on a specific topic, but rather a bit of a broad conversation that covers everything from video marketing to topics around being a male boudoir photographer to the intricacies of couples boudoir. Trevor is exacting at this business approach, as well as being an accomplished portrait artist who is genuinely looking to improve lives via his talents.
Topics discussed in this episode:
- Using video for marketing.
- Spark Camera app for iPhone.
- Blasting "unproduced" videos to Facebook/Youtube. Why everyone needs to do this.
- Connecting with clients via video.
- The power of boudoir photography.
- Video consultations with clients.
- The male boudoir "gap."
- Differences in glamour photography vs boudoir photography.
- Is it tougher for male boudoir photographers?
- Managing a boudoir session and keeping everything upbeat.
- Advantages of the male point of view.
- Pushing the limits toward erotic boudoir... how far should you go.
- Preparing for surprises.
- Couples boudoir sessions.
- Creating your boudoir studio.
Links/Products In This Episode:
Where To Find Trevor Sherwin:
Instagram - https://www.instagram.com/provocateur_images/